Servicing all your Home AND Business comfort needs FOR OVER 57 years

       Information you should ask/look for in an Air Conditioning and Heating Contractor.

  • Licensed, Insured and Bonded - Make sure contractor you use is licensed in the state for the work which you require them to perform.  Ensure they have also have the proper license for the size and type of the installation. You should also make sure they have proper insurance, workers compensation and are bonded to insure against damages to your home and property.

  • EPA License - An EPA license is different than a state license and is required to handle refrigerants and to make sure that they are not contaminated and are properly disposed of when removed. (Air Conditioning only)

  • Consider their Business History - When dealing with a contractor ask how long they have been in business. Especially in a smaller community businesses that have been around a while are generally more honest, better trained, and have a reputation for keeping their customers satisfied.

  • Require the Proper Recycling Equipment - A reputable contractor uses a recycle recovery machine to reclaim any refrigerant which must be removed from the system saving you money and protecting the environment from harmful refrigerants. (Air Conditioning only)

  • Ask for references - You can also ask friends and family members if they have a company they are happy with but remember to apply the above criteria before making a final decision.

  • Check with Local Officials - Check with the building inspector or other local officials in the area to ask if the company is reputable and has any complaints on file.

  • No such thing as “Free” - You may want to choose a company that provides up front pricing and discounts.  Also, one that does not provide bogus “freebies” and unrealistic promises so you avoid surprises.

NATE Certification

Trane supports and encourages professionalism through NATE certification.

NATE stands for North American Technician Excellence and is an independent organization that certifies installation or service technicians with a knowledge-based test. A recent survey says that 87% of air conditioning and heating consumers prefer certified technicians. Organizations that are part of the NATE coalition include the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers.

To become certified installation and/or service technicians, these technicians must pass both core and specialty parts of either an installation or service test with a score of 70 or better. Specialties include heat pump, air conditioning, air distribution, oil heat and gas heat.

The NATE test is not easy, and not all technicians pass it the first time. NATE certification verifies that the technicians who pass are the best in the trade when it comes to knowledge and experience installing or servicing your home heating or cooling system.

Types of HVAC related licenses

H1 – Any type of “wet” heat such as steam or hot water. 

H2 – Large installations greater than 15 ton per occupant/store front.  Such as a commercial store location or large church.

H3 – Forced conditioned air 15 tons or less per occupant/store front.  This would include duct work.

P – Plumbing – drain and vent piping, including hot and cold water supply for domestic water heaters

Electrical – wiring for internal and external HVAC components as well as all other internal electrical

Woodard Electric has the following certifications:

North Carolina
    HVAC LIC. 05520 H1,H2,H3
    PLUMB LIC. 05520
    ELEC LIC. 02043-L
    HVAC LIC. CN004798 H1,H2,H3
    ELEC LIC. EN003504

General Info